The Republican Party is pissed that there was 96,000 more private sector jobs created in August of 2012. They will tell you that this number is not good enough to rebuild America and blame the President for the sluggish economic recovery while they have been doing everything in their power to derail the President’s jobs plan to make President a one-term President. Today they continue to blame President Obama for their lack of having done anything in the last 4 years to help spur the economy so that more Americans can go to work. The GOP HAS DONE NOTHING except SABOTAGE job growth to see more American out of work so that they can take the President’s job. That is the plain and simple truth!
Below the fold is a detail explanation of how they have sabotaged the President’s many jobs initiative but even with all the resistance he has encountered from the GOP, 4.5 million private sector jobs have been created in the last 30 months, 512,000 Manufacturing jobs have been created since 2010 and over 1 million jobs have been saved because of the President Auto rescue plan.
How could Americans forgive a Republican Party that is so interested in seeing Americans suffer for their political gain?
Courtesy of ThinkProgress, here are the top five ways the Republicans have sabotaged the economic recovery and if there is any Republican hack that will tell you otherwise just link these fact in their face and ask them what has the GOP done to help Americans:
1. Filibustering the American Jobs Act. Last October, Senate Republicans killed a jobs bill proposed by President Obama that would have pumped $447 billion into the economy. Multiple economic analysts predicted the bill would add around two million jobs and hailed it as defense against a double-dip recession. The Congressional Budget Office also scored it as a net deficit reducer over ten years, and the American public supported the bill.
2. Stonewalling monetary stimulus. The Federal Reserve can do enormous good for a depressed economy through more aggressive monetary stimulus, and by tolerating a temporarily higher level of inflation. But with everything from Ron Paul’s anti-inflationary crusade to Rick Perry threatening to lynch Chairman Ben Bernanke, Republicans have browbeaten the Fed into not going down this path. Most damagingly, the GOP repeatedly held up President Obama’s nominations to the Federal Reserve Board during the critical months of the recession, leaving the board without the institutional clout it needed to help the economy.
3. Threatening a debt default. Even though the country didn’t actually hit its debt ceiling last summer, the Republican threat to default on the United States’ outstanding obligations was sufficient to spook financial markets and do real damage to the economy.
4. Cutting discretionary spending in the debt ceiling deal. The deal the GOP extracted as the price for avoiding default imposed around $900 billion in cuts over ten years. It included $30.5 billion in discretionary cuts in 2012 alone, costing the country 0.3 percent in economic growth and 323,000 jobs, according to estimates from the Economic Policy Institute. Starting in 2013, the deal will trigger another $1.2 trillion in cuts over ten years.
5. Cutting discretionary spending in the budget deal. While not as cataclysmic as the debt ceiling brinksmanship, Republicans also threatened a shutdown of the government in early 2011 if cuts were not made to that year’s budget. The deal they struck with the White House cut $38 billion from food stamps, health, education, law enforcement, and low-income programs among others, while sparing defense almost entirely.
Spread the word and let American bring in the verdict come election day. Romney/Ryan are not the answer for America because they will continue bleeding Americans until the few enslave all of us.