This Is Our Time!

Many lives have been shattered, homes lost, businesses closed and unemployment is still dragging many down mainly because of years of Imperialistic-like Presidencies and political leadership that ignored the contribution of many hard working Americans while catering to the top 1% who are living larger than life itself and in a different universe. The American dream is indeed in the decline for the 99ers and that is many of us. The challenges we are facing and will be facing in the coming years are going to be difficult and serious as we seek CHANGE that has brought the worse out of the Republicans party.

However, if the November 2011 elections around the country is any indication, the American people have just started to show that they have just about had it and are fight for a better American not just to survive in a world that has become controlled by the top 1%. Today, we have a movement and we must continue to build on it. The effort to strip or silence the voices of employees in Ohio was defeated last November. The people of Maine have said enough of Republicans obstruction of citizen’s rights and have restored the same-day registration to vote law at polling places. Mississippi killed a measure that would have outlawed a woman’s right to abortions and many forms of contraception. Voters in Arizona ousting State Senator Russell Pearce, the architect of SB 1070, the state’s controversial anti-immigration law. Organized labor and progressive groups in Wisconsin put a stand against incumbents law makers and recalled 2 out of the 6 State Senators and today the effort to recall Wisconsin’s Governor Walker is in full force. These are not isolated incidences. Many Americans are marching and voicing their dissatisfaction as today’s politicians are throwing the American People under the bus and continue to cater to the wealthy.

While many are fighting hard for our democracy, still States like Mississippi has joined the seven states before it (Georgia, Indiana, Kansas, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and Wisconsin) taking the rights of its citizens by adopting voter ID legislation that takes voting rights of some 234,000 voters who do not possess government-issued photo IDs all in an effort to silence and restrict young, minority and low-income voters from exercising their rights as citizens. As noted in the article, The Year of the Vote by Nancy A. Heitzeg, these efforts are tailored intentionally to disenfranchise and make it significantly harder for more than five million eligible voters to cast ballots in 2012.

Republican Presidential candidates are ready to lead America into the gutter promising to implement policies that will take America backwards with their teabagging agenda. They want to repeal Obama Care that is currently helping millions of Americans. They want to undoing the Dodd–Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act so that Banks and Hedge fund millionaires continue to steal from the working class. They want to destroying the environment by trying to get ride of regulatory laws so that polluters continue making unbelievable profits on the expense of millions of Americans who will suffer because of their greed. They want to hand over Social Security to be managed by the greediest entities in wall street and destroy many livelihoods.

Today, more than ever, we must fight for our destiny. We must claim and defend what’s ours. Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness is not something many before us got by default. They have fought, marched, beaten and been jailed for it. It is time we all stand together and fight for what’s right and earn the kind of Life, Liberty and Happiness we choose. Occupying Wall Street and the main street is just one way to show grievances but we need to also identify the cause and effect of our current condition and have a sharp message about how to transform the Occupy energy to win many Democratic seats and the Presidency in 2012. It is our time to depend on each other to do the right thing, to be feed energy of off each other and reclaim our destiny in today’s political field. The change we sought during the 2008 election has brought America from the brink of disaster with all the obstructionism we have seen from the Republican Party that is committed to destroying any progress President Obama is trying to achieve.

We have a lot to be proud of while there is still so much to do. Our choices to electing President Obama has bear many exceptional results and is a course we must stay to reclaim the American Dream. Make no mistake about it, the odds are stacked up against us. Corporate America will fight for as long as they can to keep us barely alive while they continue to exploit and take as much from Americas working class. If the money spent for negative Ads in Iowa in the Republican party primary is any indication, special interest groups like Koch brothers and company will not only continue paying off heartless and self centered lawmakers who are disconnected with what’s the reality on the ground, they will wage one of the most fierce and negative campaign attacking President Obama . The Karl Rove machine backed up by the likes of American Crossroads are relentlessly working to damage our Democracy in the name of class warfare to benefit the 1%.

This is indeed our time and that is why we must take back what is ours. We must continue to be relentlessly active in our actions to do good for our next generation. We must get out and talk to our family, friends and neighbors about the challenges we are facing and share what the first two years of the Obama Administration has been able to accomplish for millions of Americans to date. We must get out and register new voters to increase a Democratic majority in order to effect change. We must not only be a symbol of an occupy movement but people with ideals and a pragmatic solution to challenges the status quo with the understanding that we need a majority to effect change. We must reach out to the disenfranchised, minority and poor voters, and help them secure photo IDs to beat the discriminatory laws passed by States so that the voices of the poor is heard. We must educate those with limitations understand that they must stop working against their own self interest. We must work harder than ever to tilt the power structure towards a Democratic ideal that will restore prosperity for all. We must create a movement that is bigger than the 2008 Presidential election and raise even more money than raised during the last campaign so that we can stand in equal footing with the coffers of the Republican special interest groups. We must be active locally to ensure our friends and neighbors are aware of what Republicans have stored for us.

I am one of the 99ers and I support President Barack Obama. I am fired up and ready to go to work harder than I did in 2008 for the upcoming 2012 General Election. I am the publisher of my new blog (ThisIsOurTime Blog) where I will make my case to discuss current political affairs based on facts and sound analysis and expose the lies and manufactured outrage that often hinders Democrats so that voters can be well informed to own their destiny. Our best chance of reclaiming our destiny is when we have a Democratic majority and today more than ever, your commitment and loyalty is sought after to make sure our slogan — “Yes We Will” — becomes a reality in November of 2012 .

If you share my sentiments about the fierce urgency of now, I ask you to start by clicking here and sign up to volunteer your time to help the Obama/Biden 2012 team.

Yes We Will!

About these ads
This entry was posted in Barack Obama, Democratic Party, Election 2012, Republican Party and tagged , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

48 Responses to This Is Our Time!

1. princss6 says:

Hi TimT! Good to see you. I’m looking forward to your blog posts this year!

• TiMT says:

Hey Sis Princss6,

You are the first person to comment on my blog and sending you the gold medal for it. I will send out notifications tomorrow to my peps and will be cross-posting at TPV as well. I just feel that we need to expand our reach to get the message out. Look forward to seeing you more often and Happy New Year my fierce sistah!

2. Blackinthebuilding says:

This is our time! and we will put Obama back in the White House, along with his smart, beautiful and fierce wife. They make a great team! All of these retags running for president are the same and think in lockstep — they are white, entitled, racist, and sexist ‘straight’ men who want to return this country back to the 1910s where they were dominated and had the only right to vote.

3. TiMT says:

…and they have many followers which is the saddest part all of this. America is not post racial with teabaggers running around pushing all the coded meme.

Yes, we will put Obama back in the WH. We all have a stake on making sure these thugs don’t see or get close to the WH.

So good to see ya Blackinthebuilding. Thanks for stopping by!

4. Ruby S Jones says:

YAY!!! This is a wonderful thing to behold!! I am so glad to see this blog and to see you back in business!! Glad you got to spend time with the family but missed you and your wisdom. YAY!!!

• TiMT says:

Ruby the great, missed you you fierce soul. I am back and ready to go and glad to have found my groove back in the trenches with the support of good people like you. Thank you so much for stopping by. (((hugs)))

5. Ruby S Jones says:

IMHO, the two big hurdles are the economy (which we can’t control) and voter suppression.
    Our own Nancy A. Heitzeg has written a hugely informative and important diary about the tricks the
    Repug governors and legislatures have been up to:

The Democratic party has been slow to fight against this tricks, although they should be painfully aware of how effective voter suppression has been in the past. In order to win in 2012 we all have to do everything that we can to combat this trickery.

• TiMT says:

I agree Ruby. Regarding the Economy as you know unemployment is down to 8.5% where 200K jobs were created (working on a piece as we speak on this). The thread looks good going forward. The Jobs bill passed will help some to show some progress.

Voter suppression is what is worrying me while some of this states are Red States regardless. However, I don’t like this trend. I have referenced Nancy’s article in this piece and you are right, it is a great essay that highlights what we are facing. The Democratic party has to talk about his each and everyday to highlight the efforts by the Republican party to disenfranchise voters.

BTW I left you a hello in Nancy’s diary at Critical Mass Progress. :-)

• Ruby S Jones says:

Oh, man, I didn’t see that hello, TIMT, hello back!!! Also, I read your diary and totally did
        not notice the link to sooth’s diary. I am nuts! Forgive me. I should know from long experience that you absolutely always include everything. Sorry, baby.

6. Ruby S Jones says:

“these” tricks…

DOH!!!

7. Samcdc says:

Glad to see you have returned to blogging. Wish others would come to places other than the orange cesspool as well. I’ve suggested that to Deo several times by email, but she doesn’t respond any more. Curious.

You may not have seen a previous comment on The People’s View in which I wondered whether there might be a way to instigate a major backlash against the republicans’ war on voting. Any thoughts on how their new poll tax/literacy test substitutes can be used against them and create massive turnout?

I’d like to see voting lines like the ones in South Africa when Nelson Mandela was first elected. I’m sure that there would/will be major problems in democratic/minority precincts in all the states controlled by the righties to try to counter voter turnout but that, too, can potentially be turned against them if people just refuse to be denied the right to vote.

There also has to be some penalty for interfering with a person’s right to vote. But that isn’t going to happen as long at the right wing thugs control things.

• TiMT says:

I can understand why some folks don’t want to leave dkos. There are still some good people and good writer there. I have washed my hands out of that place for good and I agree other should unplug their attachment slowly but surely.

Case in point my essay Black People, Brown People and White People Standing For Racial Justice Boycotting Dailykos . There is an overwhelming evidence that there are a lot of Ron Paul types of people given sanctuary in that place. I am sure in time others will see what you and many of us have seen.

The only way to way to instigate a major backlash against the republicans racist legislation is by speaking out about the fact that they are RACISTS from the grassroot level as the MSM ain’t going to do it for us. I still think we will have huge turnout come Nov 2012. We just need to get to work registering voters now.

Thanks for stopping by samcdc.

• samcdc says:

Just to note that I posted a rather lengthy reply to this thinking I was at this blog when I was actually at TPV. I’ll cross post it below in case there are some here who aren’t at TPV.
        —————————————
        To add to what I said in the initial comment: The bast**ds are making it so hard to register new voters in some places, like FL (where I now live) that even the League of Women Voters refuses to do voter registration!!!!

Incredible as it might seem, registering voters puts you in serious jeopardy, could lead to your arrest, conviction and imprisonment for the slightest mess up, intentional or not, your fault or not! That, too, is intentional as a way to prevent people who would vote for dems from having the right to vote. So, as in the Civil Rights Movement, there may need to be organized marches to the courthouse or something to register people. But someone who has the ear of the people needs to take the lead (and, if needed, lead the march).

Who could do it? I don’t see any “established leader” out there who has the mass appeal to pull it off or set up local organizing groups to carry out the program. So who might be pushed into such a position? Who has the standing and respect in the community to lead the drive?

One thing I’ve learned in my many years is that most leaders of grassroots movements don’t choose that role. Hell, Dr. King didn’t know what he was getting into when he agreed to step into a leadership position in the Montgomery Bus Boycott! I’ve thought that Tom Joyner, with his wide network, could step up to the plate. Are there others?

• TiMT says:

That is totally freakish if you ask me. I have to look it up closely because I didn’t know the magnitude of how back it has gotten in FL and you know we need FL big time in 2012. I am sure I will do a little research and do a piece on this. Thanks for sharing. Keep on keepin on!

• Ruby S Jones says:

Reverend Al Sharpton? He knows the ropes, has a huge voice and a teevee show.

8. Betsy says:

Hey TIMT,
    So glad you’ve started this blog, found you from TOD. I am looking forward to checking in on all the good things you always have to say. I have many great thoughts, but can’t seem to find the words to write them down in but thanks to you, I see them reflected in your writing. So thanks, and keep at it.

9. TiMT says:

Hello sis Betsy. Always nice to hear your voice and thank you for the support. It’s funny you said, “I have many great thoughts, but can’t seem to find the words to write them down”, because after being away from writing for the last 3 months, I was in your shoes until I picked it up and start jogging things down. It just starts to flow after a little uphill battle believe me. Just have to try. Let me know if you want to guest author an article here, I will post it for you. :-) Again thanks for the support and Happy New Year!

10. hey TiMT, Congrats on the new blog! I too have been very busy in real life and havent been online as much but so nice to see your voice and i look forward to following you here. happy new year!!! best, Hardart

• TiMT says:

Bro Hardart, so good to see ya brother. It has been a long time. I totally understand where you are coming from regarding being busy with real life. I too was in the same boat. Thank you for stopping by and hope all is well with you and yours. Cheers!

11. GREENLADYHERE says:

HEEY TiMT – –CONGRATULATIONS. It LOOKS VERY NICE. – -:>) HAPPY NEW YEAR. :>)

12. deoliver47 says:

Wonderful to see you back and fiercely posting!
    Happy new Year!

Obama 2012

Dee

13. princesspatwp says:

The pragmatic left does indeed have important work to do. Thanks for writing and for the new blog.

• TiMT says:

Thank you for stopping by princesspatwp. It has been a long time. You are absolutely right…we got our work cut out for us especially registering voters as the Rethugs are expanding their disenfranchising efforts everywhere. We ain’t letting down…a tough but achievable road ahead of us. Good to see ya princesspat.

14. Hi, TiMT:

Happy New Year! Great blog and post – will bookmark it! Glad you’re back – thanks for the Twitter follow.

Sagittarius

15. creolechild says:

TiMT~ Congratulations on starting your own site! I hope that you’ll continue to post at Deaniac’s spot or at least cross-post your articles there. I’m looking forward to having yet another site as a “go-to” for accurate information, critical analyses, and where I can obtain additional knowledge on policy issues. The prag blogroll is steadily increasing…and that’s always a good thing! :)

• TiMT says:

Thank you creolechild. Nice of you to stop by and I am glad I would be able to expand and try to reach as many people as possible. We all need to. I will continue to crosspost indeed. Good to see ya and please come by often. Thx.

16. Sepia says:

Congrats on the new site and Happy New Year! Glad to see you back!

17. nancy a heitzeg says:

Great essay — great site!

We have all missed you so much — so great to kick off the Year of the Vote with your return and this new blog!

thanks!

18. Pingback: Critical Mass Progress | A New Blog from an Old Friend

19. sjterrid says:

Congratulations, TiMT. I already signed up with SJ Citizens for Change/OFA to volunteer, and I signed up yesterday to make a small monthly donation to both the DNC and OFA.

20. cuphalffull says:

Glad to find you this morning. I will be checking in regularly. A good phrase to keep me going… “Obama can’t be everywhere”.

21. Domino14 says:

Hi TiMT

congratulations on your new blog and Happy New Year to you :)

Go President Obama!
    2012

• TiMT says:

Thank you for visiting Domino. Looking forward to a wonderful Year where Democrats will rise up to take back what is ours. Happy Sunday and Yes, We Will!